Last evening's dinner here with a couple of new friends was rather spectacular in terms of the special relaxation that comes with discovering you are so simpatico with folks you have just met. Last night's visit ran on until well after 10pm, an hour after my husband's bedtime and yet it was still very difficult to say goodbye to each other. We started trying to go our separate ways at about 8:45pm and it took that long to actually stop talking long enough to get our various selves out of our chairs and headed toward the parking lot. The meal I prepared actually turned out well! Our friends brought us some delicious home baked bread. Yup, a very special evening to begin our last New Year's Eve resolution to start having company in for meals once again. It only took over 8 months to actually become brave enough to give it a try. Thanking God it all worked out so perfectly. WHEE!!
Today I discovered, in the midst of driving around the city doing errands, that a rear tire on our vehicle is starting to go flat. So thankful for the little dashboard icon that lit up to let me know there is a problem. The tire wasn't too badly short of air, just enough to trigger the system, so I had no problem getting home. After work my husband took the car to the air hose at the nearest gasoline station and filled the tire so I can hopefully get to my dental appointment in the morning. To sleep or not to sleep tonight as I lay in bed thinking about the tire and how I am going to get to the dentist if it is flat by then. gag!!!
If I do make it to the dentist, I will leave her office with clean, sparkly teeth! WHEE!!
If I don't make it to the dentist at the last minute due to the tire problem, my teeth will remain grungy and I will be charged a stiff fee for insufficient notice of cancellation. gag!!
Tonight is Old Testament discussion group. WHEE!!
So many O.T. attendees have cancelled via email just over the past couple of hours that I am wondering if the whole session will be cancelled. gag!!
I just received the long awaited phone call from the bone specialist's office to let me know they have a cancellation tomorrow afternoon, so I will be able to go in for 2:30pm. I will be able to show off my clean, sparkly teeth! WHEE!!
The bone densitometry results could be extremely disappointing. It is possible my meds are not working and if so that leaves me with no remaining alternatives for treatment. gag!!
My son is soon to be going to Italy. WHEE!!
I am NOT soon to be going to Italy. gag!!
We apparently have excellent overdraft coverage at a reasonable rate per actual overdrafted day, due to my husband all ready being a senior citizen. WHEE!!
I still have no confirmation of that or the actual cost of that rent cheque overdraft yet. The service charges for August are still not coming up on the ATM activity printout, even though it is well past the end of the month. gag!!
Jesus loves me all the time. WHEE!! WHEE!! WHEE!!
No comments:
Post a Comment