Monday, September 3, 2018

Cool Greeting From An Anglican Eucharist Service

I was clearing some papers out of the outbox file on my desk this morning and came across the service bulletin from a Day of Pentecost service I attended this past May.  I read through it and since I so love the liturgical greeting from this service I thought I would share it with you:

"Jesus Christ, whom we worship, is our crucified, risen and ascended Lord and we have walked with him through his journey of love.

We have faced the agony of his suffering and death on a cross.

We have rejoiced at his bursting free from the bonds of death.

We have enjoyed his risen presence with us and his revelation of himself through the breaking of bread.

We have seen his return to the throne before which every knee shall bow and every tongue confess that Jesus is Lord.

And now, with the followers of his own time, we await the coming of the promised Holy Spirit, his gift to his people, through whom we make Christ known to the world.
"


I got thinking about God's anger at idolatry the other day.  I am thinking that since, according to the creation world view, we his people are supposed to represent the likeness and image of God to the world, then creating other idols/images is not only directly misrepresenting the invisible God himself, but also misrepresenting humans who are supposed to be that image and likeness of him on earth. 

Just sayin'.

No comments: