Saturday, September 1, 2018

One of Those God Inspired Meetings

This morning I decided to send an email prayer request to a young friend who no longer lives in this city, but who used to work with my husband. She knows him well, she knows his spiritual and ministry giftings and she knows first hand the crazy position he is in at the office.  I felt rather led to contact her because of those things, plus I know she has a wonderful ministry of praying for others.  

After a long walk downtown on another, as it turned out, fruitless search to find out the status of my bank services charges that should have been posted today but weren't, hahaha,  I really took my time coming home.  The exercise was great and I am glad I had it, but it is kind of annoying to still be in the dark about what is going on with the possible NSF cheque etc.  About three blocks from home, I heard someone calling my name.  It was the same friend I had sent the email to an hour previously, asking for prayer for my husband.  Wha???  She doesn't live here any more.  How on earth did she end up running into me?

Turns out she has a relative in hospital here and while he was having a nap, she decided to go for a walk around the neighbourhood where the hospital is located....near my neighbourhood.  We had a grand talk, I have taken on her relative as a prayer request and she had just found my email to her while she was in the hospital waiting room scrolling through her emails on her iPhone.  She agreed to pray for my husband as well.  

How very kind of her to agree to it now that she has a great big family prayer concern of her own.   She is person who completely "gets it" that my husband needs prayer support at the moment for his ministry and his health. She is a person who understands all the details without me having to attempt to describe a work environment that is impossible to understand by anyone who has not been in that situation.  She understands why my husband can't always abide by his own plans, his own schedule, his own days off...she has been in that office working. She knows all about it and she is the person who recently told him she can't believe he has accomplished as much as he has in the past three years.  Her encouragement to him that he actually is doing the best possible job in an impossible situation has kept him going for months.

Thank you God for this Christian sister and former fellow colleague to my husband.  What a blessing to know her, to have her prayer support and her understanding of what is going on that it just isn't possible to make others understand no matter how detailed our explanations may be.  What a blessing, what a blessing, what a blessing!  

My husband is losing at least two of his scheduled four days off this Labour Day weekend.  He had no full days off last week on our trip away and he will have no days off between September 4 and September 24.   He is all ready tired, ploughing on bravely through all that needs to be done.  With having a new CFO in the fall who is still on her own steep learning curve, he has basically added Director of Finances to his all ready overly full roster of duties.  At this point he is juggling nearly four full time jobs. No wonder he is tired out.

I am grateful my husband has been able to keep going physically, mentally and spiritually in the face of the unrelenting work load.   Bless him! I thank God for the strength he has had for the past three years, but it is ebbing.  Thank you Lord for keeping him going to date!

1 comment:

SusanE said...

Thanks for the encouraging post and the reminder to pray for you guys situation! May relief be in sight soon!! Blessings dear friends !