Sunday, September 16, 2018

Mom Got Her Diagnosis

Thanks ever so much for the prayers for mom. The verdict is in: a severe acid reflux attack! She is home this evening after spending most of the day having heart, lung and digestive system tests. Her heart problems have not worsened. She is in no danger of requiring a pacemaker. The whole eyes rolling back in her head, gurgling collapse was the stomach issue. Dad, thinking it was a heart attack, forced her to take a puff from his nitro inhaler while waiting for the ambulance and apparently that drug also helps relieve some acid reflux symptoms. Mom said it did help her to come to enough to describe her symptoms to the EMTs before passing out again.

So she now has a list of foods and drinks she is never to consume ever again. She has no problem with the idea of giving up any of them....except for chocolate. That one hurts! As a diabetic I understand the pain of going chocolate free!

When she called Dad about coming home in her nightgown, he put some clothes in a bag and took a taxi to the hospital to collect her. The trip and his walk through the hospital to find her room was too much for him physically on top of a day of fear and emotional upheaval. So, the complex staff brought their dinners to their suite a few minutes ago. After they eat it will be time for a good long sleep.

Whew! And thank you God! And thank you prayer warriors!

PS once again when I tried to update a previous post it disappeared from the blog. I need to get my husband to figure out the issue when he gets back from clergy conference. The update is, for those of you who read the post and know what I am referring to, that I am making an appointment with the management if the restaurant where we and others seemed to be racially victimized by the staff. I want to tell them how we felt and why and see what the response is. I can forget the terrible food, but the other upset kept both of us awake last night. Okay Lord, help us sort this out. Amen!

No comments: