And that sunshine feels GOOD!!!!!! Wow, what a treat after the better part of a week spent under dark grey clouds and several drizzly days in the howling gale!
I SO enjoyed my walk downtown this morning. I had my new glasses adjusted as one lug was biting into the top of my ear and now all is well AT LAST! hahaha Only 6 weeks to have an eye appointment and get the right prescription and lenses completed. hahaha
I was so happy I took myself out for a chicken shawarma salad for lunch! Delish as always! Thank you Zam Zam Wraps Cornwall Centre!
It was difficult to come home afterward and have to be back indoors when it is so incredibly lovely outside. This morning before I walked downtown I drove to a couple of banks to "celebrate" pay day and it was still rather chilly and windy. This afternoon, even the wind seemed warmer than it has been of late.
After a long search for the kind of warm winter nightgown I need, I finally found exactly what I require for the coldest of cold winter nights at The Bay. It was more expensive than I usually like to pay, but over the past couple of years it seems the lower priced nightgowns at other stores have had a severe dip in the quality and thickness of the cotton material. The two I purchased last year, rather el cheapo for cost, I had to give up on after a few wearings. They had zero warmth in them, even though I purchased two of the same brand name at the same store the previous year and found them to be quite warm enough. When I compared the difference in the quality between those 2 years, wow, what a difference. So, this year I decided the price is not as important as how warm the new nightgown will keep me in this freezing little condo that seems to have lost most of the insulation in the walls at this point in time. Brrrrrr......
I spent the rest of the afternoon making spaghetti sauce and cooking up a spaghetti squash to eat it with. It is 5:30pm at the moment and choir practise is at 7pm, so although my husband hasn't returned yet from work I need to eat and get ready for my fun evening out.
No comments:
Post a Comment