Tuesday, March 31, 2020

And Yet.....

My dad is in a facility where COVID19 has been discovered, my newly unemployed son is living in a city where the virus is running amok, my mother’s online grocery order has gone missing and she is nearly out of food.

I should be heartsick tonight.

And yet.....

God is strong when we are weak. He is drawn powerfully to the needy. He is always present even in the midst of apparently unstoppable calamity.

My parents and son are isolated from others with no end to this pandemic in sight. They should feel lonely and terrified,

And yet....

All three of them have expressed hope that God will reach out to them even in their loneliness and fear about the future. Their attitudes about their own situations add to my trust in God and help keep me calm when my spinning, turbulent emotions threaten to overwhelm me.

There is great geographical distance between us. I am helpless to do anything for them.

And yet......

God is with them even though I can’t be. I am not actually helpless. I can pray with faith that God is there watching over them, regardless of it looks like.

The world appears to have been abandoned by God.

And yet......

1 comment:

SusanE said...

Amen!! Helpless but we serve an amazing God who is not helpless♥️
Blessings dear friend!