Wednesday, March 11, 2020

Dang It Anyway!

This morning I am hanging on by a thread.  My last nerve is tingling and I am so exhausted I look like death warmed over. White as a ghost, I am. I am most disappointed that once again I didn't sleep well last night.

I didn't wake up due to the noisy neighbours.  The only few thumps and bumps from their side of the wall came an hour after I had all ready awakened at 2:45am.  The smell of burning pot and sweetgrass combo misting in through the gaps in the wall around the shared bathroom plumbing wasn't making me feel ill. That odor, while somewhat overpowering, wasn't enough to wake me. However, awaken I did. It is only just after 8am and I have been awake for five and a half hours all ready.  This is ridiculous!!

On a positive note, since 5:30am I have accomplished a few things: I have changed my bed linens, prepared a rather sumptuous breakfast for myself and am about to begin washing my third load of laundry.  So, it isn't like I am sitting here in a stupor staring at the walls.  Before I started on the bed linens I finally read past the half way point in a novel that is somewhat interesting, but that has been taking me an awfully long time to work my way through and I re-read the two chapters of the book we are studying at book club this evening.  The last five and a half hours have not been a total waste despite feeling like I would like to be violently ill and fall back asleep for a few DAYS! Yaaaaaawwwnnnn......

On another positive note, ladies' prayer meeting went very well yesterday.  One of our members has been travelling and this was her first time with us again since she returned home.  She was in the southern USA and had some very funny stories to tell about her family there.  What fun!  We prayed for so many people and situations. Lord, hear our prayer.....

My husband was able to send a text somehow yesterday from the middle of bush country where he is staying.  It was delightful.  He is enjoying the crisp fresh snow on the ground, the brilliant sunshine, the owls hooting at night, the occasional display of northern lights, the huge starry nighttime sky, the rest, the fellowship....he is SO happy and I am happy for him.  He needed this break away where he was not responsible for my aging parents or other family issues or church events etc.  So now Lord, is it MY turn?  I don't have to go anywhere spectacular or do anything particularly amusing. I would simply settle for somewhere that would inspire me to sleep well at nights...truly I would. 

I suppose it would be rather self-serving to include a congregational responsive prayer to address my sleep issues when I pray the Prayers of the People at church on Sunday...it would wouldn't it?  Yeah....it would. No, really...would it?  Iiiiiiiiit definitely would.

Darn it....

2 comments:

SusanE said...

It really is not fun to not sleep 😴
I have been having trouble every second night for the last week. Doing a little better than You, but feeling with you.
Struggling with general malaise and stress. Working in a greater awareness of God's Peace.
Praying for you, your rest issues to resolve!
Blessings dear friend!
Susan

Susan said...

I am so very sorry you are also struggling with sleep issues. It is unbelievably exhausting. I will pray for you about it! I know I am lacking in holding onto God’s peace right now with all the extended family stresses and I need to try to rest in his peace more fully. I pray you will be able to as well. Bless you friend. May you get a more consistent rest at night! EVERY night!!