Saturday, March 28, 2020

Good Therapy

After our first aborted sleep last night from neighbour noise after ten beautiful, quiet nights, I decided it was time to work off the frustration by catching up on housework I have been ignoring all week. How I could have been that far behind when I can’t go out anywhere is confusing, but I righted the wrong today. Vacuuming, scrubbing floors, dusting, wiping blinds...good stuff! I still have three rooms to clean, so will likely finish them tomorrow afternoon. Ooooh, it feels good!

The UNFORTUNATE side effect of the government’s decision to put a moratorium on evictions, apart from those inspired by violence, for the next three months is that neighbours like ours can now take advantage of the edict and make life a living hell once again for people like ourselves who need to sleep during the night.

My prayer now is that if the neighbours do not decide to leave, some incredible surprise opportunity for US to leave by the end of April or May will present itself. The new lease we arranged starting June 1st, has not yet arrived in the mail or at our complex’s leasing office, so until we sign it we still have the opportunity to get out. We truly believe we are supposed to stay after seeing answers to prayer indicating that we should, but it is possible of course that we are wrong. Is it a bad thing to hope that we made a mistake and we are actually going to get out of here?  Sigh....

Even as I am writing this there is more noise erupting next door as some of the partiers awaken. The fellow that moved out ten days ago is parked outside cursing at one of the girls as she makes her way out to join him. It breaks my heart to hear people calling each other ugly names and making threats over nothing. Lord, where are you in the midst of this? What are we to do? Is there anything else we can do to help this situation?

How much housework is it going to take to relieve my returning stress over this situation? Thanks to new laws arising from the corona virus messing things up next door again, there is also no way for us to be going to view alternative accommodation for ourselves.

I am just wondering out loud here. I am fine, feeling better from doing something productive and knowing that despite my complaining the Lord is dealing with this ongoing situation. He can be trusted to work this mess out.


No comments: