Wednesday, March 11, 2020

So It Doesn't Take Much To Feel Encouraged!

I am feeling better about life since hearing from a friend who is also struggling, knowing we can pray for each other about this lack of sleep nonsense.  I also made a hair appointment for next week while my husband is at an all day clericus event.  That is a treat to look forward to!  Getting my hair spruced up before we go to help Mom make her move will definitely make up for a few lost hours of sleep....at least I will feel and look somewhat human again!  It has been six weeks since my last cut...no wonder I look kind of shaggy and unkempt and feel down on myself.

The other Wow Factor making today better with every passing moment is the weather!  we have a forecast high this afternoon of +8C!!!!!   😀😀😀😀😀😀  The sun is shining SO brightly in a cloudless blue sky!!!!    👍👍👍👍👍👍👍 As we head into the weekend we will be back to seasonal and below seasonal temperatures, with some snowfall, but today I don't care. Today it is beauuuuuuuuteeeeeeefuuuuul out there.  

By this afternoon there may be enough ice melted from the sidewalks that I could risk walking to the nearest card shop to get my son a birthday card for his big FOUR O!  He is going to be 40 next month.  I can't believe it.  You see why we are SO excited about the current lady in his life...it is about time he found someone so compatible....past time....we are too old to be mommying and daddying the man just because he has no one else that he trusts.  I suppose it is natural that we have had such a close relationship after everything our family has been through as a family and as individuals; so many issues, so many struggles, so much craziness and stress.

Well, the last load of laundry is finished and needs to be pulled out of the washing machine to hang to dry.  10am and the laundry is finished with the first loads folded and put away, the garbage has been taken to the bin, there are fresh linens on the bed, I finished reading the last part of the book chapter we are discussing tonight at club, a hair appointment has been made.  I suppose if I can't sleep I might as well be productive during my awake times, right?  

It is all good.

No comments: