The utility bills came today. They needed to be paid.
My son is having a birthday soon. His card needed to be mailed.
The temperature is -5C and the sunshine made a gorgeous winter day. It needed to be enjoyed.
What was a body to do with these circumstances? It needed to get outside and run errands, is what.
And so, I donned a medical mask, a pair of operating room latex gloves, and away I went to pay and mail. What a perfect day for a walk. Social distancing along my route was not a problem. I saw only nine other pedestrians along my usually busy route. Even the vehicular traffic on the usually busy thoroughfare was reduced by two thirds. It was a marvellous walk! The post office and bank staff were appreciative of my mask and gloves, in fact the teller at the bank was wearing gloves as well.
I feel much calmer now about staying inside for the next couple of weeks. As far as groceries and financial obligations for the next few weeks we seem to have everything taken care of so I am grateful. It is time for proper self-isolation now.
2 comments:
So glad you got out!! It's the best medicine isn't it?
Oh yes it is! Thank you for understanding that. Not everyone does. Hope this pandemic has not completely overturned your lives out there.
We have been thinking of you guys a lot.
Post a Comment