Thursday, March 19, 2020

The Joy of a Jet Engine!

Well, for last night at least the neighbours were as good as their word about not slamming around in the stairwell beside us all night long. Long may it last. Yes, they were still up all night talking in loud voices and laughing like hyenas, but no worries.

I would not have heard anything had I not had to use the washroom overnight. In the bedroom we are being granted the gift of sleep because of the recording of an idling jet engine. It has both high and low frequencies that drown out the sound of voices and laughing and the normal squeaking of floors. With the leaving of the young stair thumper yesterday, I enjoyed six consecutive hours of unbroken sleep. Oh how grateful I am. When I turned out my bedside lamp last night I asked the Lord if I could please sleep for six hours before needing to get up and in His mercy my request was granted. I still have time to doze again before I have to get up and eat breakfast. Hallelujah!

My husband’s travelling cousins made the flight from Tel Aviv to LAX yesterday. They are in an airport hotel, supposedly making it into the Calgary airport sometime this evening. After having to pay over six thousand dollars to change their flights out of Israel to an earlier day, this trip has been a costly venture. Now if they can please come home in good health and not have to add cases of COVID19 to their travel woes. At least they are back in North America! Thank you Lord!

A friend from church just sent the message that she fell on the ice last night and sustained a serious hip fracture. She is in the lineup for an OR to have emergency surgery. Her own husband will not be allowed in to visit her because of the pandemic, so her recovery in hospital will be a lonely one, followed by isolation at home for several weeks. Please pray for Bonnie.

Another friend is having a lumpectomy today...three weeks after joint replacement surgery. Please pray for the best outcome for Penelope. The lump is, fortunately in a precancerous stage and encapsulated within the duct. It was found as a result of a mammogram! Ladies, get those mammies grammed!

So, what new wonders will today bring to us? Am I going to be sorry I asked? Aiii yiiii.....

3 comments:

SusanE said...

I always look forward to reading your posts🤗
Praying for quieter neighbors and health for you both.

Susan said...

Well, we too are praying for quieter neighbours, but it seems my husband and I have some new lessons to learn first. I have to shamefacedly admit I did find watching the young fellow yesterday playing a game of “Find the Shoe Buried Under Fresh Snow” while singing the aria from “WTF Did You Do To My Guitar” quite entertaining.
When a person is self-isolating one gets one’s entertainment where one can....

SusanE said...

😂😂