Sunday, March 8, 2020

So Here I Sit......

It is on the way to midnight and I should be taking advantage of the somewhat eerie quiet next door by sleeping as much as possible, but I am sitting here revelling in that quiet, enjoying the lack of noise.  Perhaps the young fellow has returned to his job out of town for a few days, or perhaps he is going to come stomping in with his friends at 4am, but for now it is quiet and I am so happy.

My husband and his colleagues got a bit of a late start on their way to retreat this afternoon, but I received a text a few hours ago saying they made it safely to their destination.  The predicted storm was not nearly as terrible as they thought it would be. Apparently there is another, much worse system possibly arriving there tonight.  Now it doesn't matter, they are safe.

After my husband left I finished the final bits of housecleaning, so I will have several full days of cleanliness around here...no mess...no cotton sock lint to vaccuum up....no intense theological discussions for me to keep up with while I am this tired....I miss him all ready, but in some ways it is good to have a change of pace.

The brightness of my PC screen is causing my eyes to bat shut, so perhaps I will stop revelling in the quietness and actually attempt to get some sleep now.  More tomorrow about our hilarious mix up this morning when my husband picked me up to take me home after church....well, in the middle of church to be honest....hahahahaha.  

Yawn.....

No comments: