Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Keeping Up Appearances.....

....simply is not possible for those of us women who are unable to cut and style our hair without assistance from a professional stylist!  

I am thinking that even once the hair salons open again....those that have not gone bankrupt by the forced closures due to The Virus That Shall Not Be Named...are going to be dealing with so many people wanting appointments that it could be another two months before some of us will be able to get an appointment scheduled!!    Aiii yiiii....

While what my hair looks like is not my life's biggest priority right now, I do admit I am finding it difficult to look at myself in the mirror as the hairdo I have right now begins a transition into the "well, now it is too long to control properly, but not quite long enough to tie back either...aaaaaarrrrgghh" stage.

It has now been over 8 weeks since my last hair cut.  In another 8 weeks I am going to look like a woman who is part of certain polygamous cults; a woman whose hair is rarely, if ever, allowed to be cut!  O my goodness. 

It is a good tribute to my hairdresser that despite my hair being almost two inches longer than it should be, thus far the style is holding its shape.  I can only hope that when this enforced isolation of the nation comes to an end that she will still be employed and available to start cutting it once again.  My hair is miserable to work with and to find someone as wonderful as Danielle to wrangle it into place is rare indeed. 

Sigh....well....my husband has questioned for years what my hair would look like if it grew long again.  He is getting his wish.  He will not be happy with the answer!!

I will post BEFORE and AFTER photos when THE DAY I GET TO RETURN TO THE SALON finally arrives!  Should be good for a giggle or two!

No comments: