Saturday, August 29, 2020

Final Holiday Blowout! YIPPEE!

My husband shocked me at noon today when he arrived home from his morning canoe repairs.  He wanted to know where I would like to go for our final lunch out to celebrate the end of our "not really" holidays. hahaha

I said I was happy to return to DarBar because I always feel so healthy after eating Indian food and it is easy on my blood sugar if I stay away from the rice and naan overdoses. He agreed.  We know the staff well there now, we know their COVID19 safety protocols and they are wickedly strict about social distancing between the customers.

As we ordered our last lunch out for a while I admitted to my husband what really, truly constitutes a holiday for me: not having to shop for, prepare or cook meals for three or four days in a row.  So, my wonderful husband proceeded to arrange a giant take out order for us. WOW!  Along with the Indian food we had yesterday, I now have the leftovers from our lunch platters that we will eat for dinner this evening, plus I have full orders of chicken naan, chicken alfrezi, dal mahkni, chicken samosas, veggie samosas and curried chick peas sitting in my refrigerator that will serve both of us until Tuesday sometime. All I need to do to stretch it out is to make a small pot of rice for my husband, and knowing him he would rather prepare his own rice anyway.  I couldn't get over the price.  Our combined total of today's platters and masala tea, plus all that take out food came to just over $70 including tax.  Unreal!  Our huge blow out, even with an added tip came to well under $100.  For all our splurging on Indian food to make up for not being able to go away for a proper holiday, we have spent less than $200 on this particular "trip". hahahahaha  

I know it is tacky to discuss prices and expenses, but I am so thrilled about our inexpensive holiday "escape" that I had to share it with family and friends who have been concerned about us not being able to go on a trip this year.  My husband has a restored canoe and I am having 5 days away from meal planning and cooking.  We are both happy! 

HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO MOI!!

6 comments:

SusanE said...

That's awesome!! So glad you've had a good "holiday"
Yummg Indian food!!

Susan said...

I am so excited to have a refrigerator filled with my favourites!

chris e. said...

Discussing $70 for a holiday is not tacky--it's something you should brag about!
This is why women like cruises: someone else does the cooking and cleaning and there is nothing you 'should' do, so you finally get some rest! The downside is that they cost a lot more than $70.
Well done Sue!

SusanE said...

I agree 100%.
Love the stories of thrift and God's provision!

Susan said...

Well, okay then. Thanks for the encouragement friends!

chris e. said...

Thanks for the story friend!