It is the usual pre-trip scenario around here. I have everything I personally need packed up to leave tomorrow for our short trip. I have the food items I will need for my breakfasts sorted out in my head and organized in the refrigerator and cupboard so that all I have to do is toss them into the food boxes at the last second in the morning. I have the main food box and the chilly bin cleaned and sitting in the kitchen for loading. Despite my husband's best attempts to lose it in the mire of our basement storage, I have located the picnic pack so that we will have dishes in our non-kitchenette hotel room.
My husband put a few shirts and a pair of jeans into a travel bag. He located his net bag filled with personal hygiene items and put it on the bed. Thus endeth his packing preparation. hahaha For the past 2 hours he has been signing up for memberships to various tea and other shopping venues in Alberta, then placing his order online for pickup while we are there visiting Mom. He gave me a somewhat vague answer to my question about some of his cooking attempts that are residing in the refrigerator, but can't last until we return unless they can be frozen...I am still waiting to find out if they can be frozen so I can get that done. It is the usual scenario for travel with us: while I am as ready as I can be ahead of time and champing at the bit to get necessary food preparation and storage accomplished, my husband is in his usual state of confusion. 'Twas ever thus. The poor man can be as ready in 2 hours as he can be in an entire day....in other words, he never has enough time to get ready for any sort of travel, no matter how much time he actually has. It is the wierdest thing I have ever seen. It no longer bothers me. I just stand back in awe and watch him NOT getting anything packed until the last possible second....every trip....ever year....forever and ever, Amen. hahahaha
He has promised me that since, apart from this quick trip to see Mom, his canoe repair project is taking up our entire month of "holidays", he will dedicate one day per week to work with me on cleaning out the basement and continuing to downsize over the next 8 months....it is a promise he IS going to keep! He is not working full time and won't be once his church reopens, he is not working half time, he is not working one third time. He is working one quarter time. (plus a bit until he doesn't have to do separate YouTube sermons and evening Zoom prayer services) Even with his CFS running rampant, he still has enough energy to give me one day a week for at home projects, so that is our pact! AAAAAAAAND we will see how long it lasts, haha.
Oh that man....fortunately I love him madly and he loves me!
1 comment:
Hahaha too funny!
Post a Comment