Saturday, August 15, 2020

A Decent Day

Today has been pleasant for both of us. The day has been warm and overcast with sunny breaks, perfect for my husband to complete the major canoe repairs and spray the first coat of paint on it. This afternoon he brought home most of his tools to put away again. Some seat repairs and another coat of paint are about all that remain to complete the project.

We spent the last couple of hours vacuuming and detailing our vehicle to the best of our somewhat limited abilities, taking our time and enjoying doing it together. This trip we will start out with a clean car for a change.

I had a good chat with Mom today. Her shoulder is continuing its slow healing process, but she is being diligent with her assigned exercises, so is aware of good results from her discipline. I received the weekly update this morning from her facility and everything is still in place for our visit.

This afternoon I have been fighting a mild headache...an extremely rare event for me. It seems to be centred on the same side of my head that still experiences the remains of the shingles, so I am suspicious that I am secretly stressed by our upcoming long drive and dealing with Mom’s current banking and other issues that need solving. Texting with my son this morning was difficult because he misses us as much as we miss him, but the border being closed between our two countries means visiting in person isn’t possible and even after it opens, it could be another year or more before plane travel is safe. It is also going to be costly to travel and employment for our son will continue to be sporadic for a long time. These stresses have been brewing for a few days but I only just now recognized them. Time to put the outcomes of these situations into God’s hands and let the headache go! God is certainly able to give me peace of mind if I can not be too stubborn to admit I need it!

No comments: