Sunday, August 9, 2020

Well, I'll Be Darned.....

My husband and I had a spontaneous date night last evening.  It was a double feature movie night, the movies being my husband's surprise choice....truly a surprise in this case:

Nanny McPhee and Nanny McPhee and the Big Bang

Wha'???????  My HUSBAND chose Nanny McPhee for our movie date?

Turns out he has seen them both before, unbeknownst to moi.  He LOVES them!  My big biker, carpenter, glacier climbing husband thinks the Nanny McPhee movies are some of the best of the best.  He loves Emma Thompson's scripts and the humour and I have to admit they are great, as is the casting!!  The young man who plays the character Cyril, Eros Vlahos, in the second movie was brilliant and the casting of Maggie Smith was a stroke of genius.

I was surprised to find I enjoyed them as much as he did.  I also enjoyed watching HIM as he enjoyed the movies.  It is rare that he laughs at all, let alone as much as he did last evening.  hahahaha

We ended the date by watching Day 7 of the latest Sumo tournament that just ended in Tokyo.  It was a lot of fun to see some of our favourites do well by winning their bouts that day.

No comments: