I ate Indian food for breakfast this morning....sigh....that chicken samosa just looked too darned appetizing sitting there in the refrigerator. I could have sworn it actually called my name as I stared at it, so indecisive about having this kind of "treat" for an early morning meal. Oh, it was SO delicious with a bit of tamarind sauce to dip it into....YUMMY!
For lunch I had avocado toast....on chicken naan. teehee YUMMY AGAIN!
Tonight we will open the chicken jalfrezi and the dal mahkni for dinner. Oh, this is so wonderful. What an amazing treat to have as summer ends and autumn begins.
We are under a frost warning tonight. So, my husband brought in the rest of our ripe and nearly ripe Golden Sun tomatoes and will cover the plant with a bedspread overnight. He is currently picking the rest of the basil and thyme and preparing to dry them in our herb dryer. The dill and rosemary never did very well this summer for some reason so we have used already the little bit that grew. I think we will cover the roses and other beautiful flowering plant as they have lots of life left in them until the first hard freeze.
The wind has that chilly autumn edge to it today. Last night it was cold enough that I shut all the upstairs windows right around midnight. They stayed closed until after 7am. The sun is shining but there is not nearly as much warmth as there was a week ago in its rays. WOW! We are forecast to have overnight lows around +2C closer to the end of this week. Brrrrr!!
I made a banana loaf after lunch. It must be good because my husband has eaten exactly half of it in the past 2 hours!
I did the laundry after church this morning. It is all either folded and put away, or on hangers hanging over the ironing board to be pressed in a day or two. My husband vaccumed all around the laundry area in the basement this afternoon. It looks so good. No more old spiders' nests in the rafters above the appliances, no more bits of lint stuck to the painted floor that has had a slightly gummy feel to it for the entire 5 years we have lived in here. Eek! Later this week we hope to take in our collection of bottles and cans to the recycling depot and haul away the "stuff" we have collected for the thrift shops. This is shaping up to be a very busy week.
Tomorrow will be a healthy day with lots of walking from and back to the car dealership that is taking the Honda tomorrow for a check up. It is nearly 5km each way, so we will be getting our exercise, that is for sure. Since it will be a fairly cool day tomorrow I am really looking forward to all the walking. The dealership employees will likely be pushing us to replace the cracked windshield, but we would like to see if we can get a better deal elsewhere....well, my husband would like to see if we can get a better deal. I am content to let the dealership do it and just pay the price with less fussing about.
Time to go have a look and see what tv shows we have set to record this evening. In between loads of laundry and picking herbs we have watched a couple of fascinating boxing matches I recorded earlier this weekend.
3 comments:
Too fun!! I think if samosas were an option for breakfast, I would choose them too. Love Samosas, love Indian food!!
I think the reason I love it so much is because my tastebuds are failing and I can still taste Indian food spicing.
What's wrong with supper for breakfast? We like fried eggs and toast for supper.
Post a Comment