Monday, August 24, 2020

Backfield In Motion

Walking over a km to my friend's house on Saturday was a good idea, even though it was completely exhausting in the +33C temperature.  It got me over my ongoing spring/summer mindset that I couldn't go for a decent length walk because:

--it is too windy
--it is too hot
--it is too crowded
--it is too dangerous
--it is too far
--it is too (insert any inane, lame excuse here)

Saturday's walk gave me the energy and inspiration to run up and down the stairs dozens of times yesterday to complete the laundry.  Completing the laundry yesterday inspired me to walk nearly 2km this morning to fill one of the area neighbourhood library boxes with books.  We drove past it the other day and I noticed it was completely empty.  Since I had an entire bag of books I had read since June, what better place to take them?  Carrying the heavy bag was also a good addtion to the walking exercise.

This afternoon I walked another half km home from the post office after mailing my mom some treats I purchased at the store on my way home from the library box.  My husband took time out from the canoe project to come home for lunch and insisted on driving me the better part of one way to the post office because once again it is intensely hot outside.  No matter, I still had a second walk today.  If I wimp out on my post dinner exercises tonight I won't feel so guilty now. hahahahaha

One or two more days of this heat wave and then we are going to begin experiencing more autumn like temperatures. Sigh....There are hundreds of crispy, dead tree leaves covering my Saturday friend's large back deck and lawn.  The creeping ivy on some of the fences in our neighbourhood is already turning a deep red....NOOOOOOOOO!!! Surely we aren't going to go from heat wave to early winter????  Please say it isn't so!  (and mean it)  I have to return to Alberta the third week in September for a delayed medical appointment and I cannot CANNOT miss it even if it is snowing and icy, so I am praying very hard even now about that long drive coming up a month from now.

My husband is certain he can complete the canoe repair this week, at least he will complete the one on his own canoe.  Kat's and Claude's will take a bit longer, but he will be happy to put in some more time assisting them so they can get theirs out on the water before freeze up....unless freeze up happens in September this year.  O brother....just what we need in an already disastrous 2020! 

I think I have broken through the bubble of inertness that has surrounded me for the past few months and kept me rather exercise-free for far too long.  YAY!  I am happy about that and I have a good long walk planned for tomorrow as well!

My husband asked me how he could make up for not participating in any holiday activities with me this summer.  He goes back to work in one week and there is no time for us to go anywhere or do any of the things we originally planned before the canoe project appeared on the horizon.  I told him all he has to do is guarantee me we can eat Indian food two more times in the next week and he is off the hook! hahahahaha  He thinks that is a pretty sweet deal!  ME TOO!!!  Decent Indian food is worth giving up many other things to enjoy. hohoho!! 

Oh, and there is one more thing that he dared not deny me since thanks to his wretched canoe, I get no holidays with him at all this summer (and no, the trip to Calgary last week was no holiday), and that is that for the entire fall and winter he HAS to donate one day per week to our basement cleaning/downsizing/purging project so that we will be ready to move next spring, should the opportunity present itself.  GREAT trade off as far as I am concerned. He is feeling so guilty about running out on me for our holidays that he readily agreed to it. teehee He is feeling far worse about bailing on our holiday plans than I am, but he doesn't need to know that.  I now have a wonderful little guilt button to push if he balks in the future about keeping his end of this bargain. 

Nyaaaa haaaa haaaa........

No comments: