I decided to make the most of my morning when I realized we are under a severe thunderstorm watch for the entire afternoon. Our city is to be graced with an area specific series of intense storms that could breed tornadoes...well, can't they all actually...and by the look of the sky currently, this time the danger in this forecast may not be exaggerated after all.
So, my husband and I got all showered up after our morning online meetings, in case the power goes out, he has been doing important emails so they can be sent out before we shut down the computers, I set up an EKG for him later this week and I raced over to the drug store and the post office to get my errands done before being caught in a possible deluge of rain after lunch.
It has been a productive day thus far.
Last night after dinner I was feeling bored to tears, so I decided at about 8pm that it would be a good time to get going on badly needed house cleaning. I dusted everything upstairs and in the hallways and stairwell so that when I get back to cleaning this afternoon I will feel like I am ahead of the game. One thing I can still do if it is storming is dust furniture and knicknacks!
I also need to get my reading assignment finished for our Old Testament reading group tonight. Hopefully the storms will be over by then and not cause a disruption in that most fun and informative weekly session.
Our son was able to bike to work this morning before the strong winds from Tropical Storm Isaias reach whatever their peak intensity over New York City is going to be. He is praying that by the time he is finished his long shift on the job that the worst of the wind, rain and possible flooding will be over...and I am too!!! I think in between reading the assigned chapters in Exodus and Leviticus for tonight's meeting, I will be glued to CNN for news of his area and what the weather there is doing.
I am awaiting a response from my mother's residence in Alberta to some questions I emailed to the administrator in regard to being allowed to come and visit her and if it is even a wise idea to give it a try sometime over the next couple of weeks. Blasted Coronavirus!
Aaaaah....summertime and livin' is NOT easy!!
No comments:
Post a Comment