It's the weekend! Not that it means anything at this point in time, other than it is the 2 days of every week when we do not do any shopping because of the crowded conditions...although with so many families at "the (ubiquitous) lake", there are not quite as many people in the stores on weekends lately.
We both had a wonderful day yesterday. My husband worked all day on the canoe repairs and the end is finally in sight. Since he had Kat to work with he enjoyed the project and was able to stay for the entire day, rather than coming home early like he does when he has to work alone. There was a bit of a breeze wafting through the workspace from a big fan in the church buildings surrounding the space and that made for pleasant conditions. He spent the evening with me watching boxing matches on tv and eating a light supper.
I spent the entire afternoon at a friend's house. Her husband was also away for the day, so we ate a yummy lunch together and talked for hours. Toward the end of the afternoon another friend dropped in and it was fun to visit with her as well. I have been praying for friendships like this from my new church to form for quite awhile and to see these women becoming answers to that prayer is amazing and exciting and joy inducing! Along with my dear friends from my former church here, I am feeling surrounded by care and friendship.
This morning I had an eye appointment at 8:30am. The dreaded peripheral vision test happened again. I hardly slept last night because I was so afraid of taking it, which is absolutely stupid because the test is supposed to help the ophthalmologist find glaucoma problems and actually HELP me retain my vision as long as possible. This time was much easier than the last time, more like a game as I sat clicking the buzzer every time a tiny light appeared in my line of vision. I realize the first time I had the test was the same day I received news that my father was moving into long term care the following week and we would be taking a winter drive to Calgary to help him and Mom with the transition. I had been at the doctor all morning for the first set of eye examinations and received the call from my parents during my two hour break before returning to the office for the peripheral vision test. My mind wasn't on the test. I was so distracted that I found the little flashing lights annoying and frustrating; my attention was not directed toward the test and I think I even closed my eyes for a few seconds because I thought the testing would never end. SO, hopefully I didn't do any worse on today's exam when I was paying close attention than I did on the last one where I didn't have the energy to care. So happy I got home by 9:15am. Now I am doing laundry and blogging in between watching and listening to my church adult Sunday School class on Zoom. I love being able to mute my mic and cover the camera so I can zip around the room putting new sheets on the bed and folding laundry, drinking water and eating a snack, posting on a different lap top, all the while listening to the class but not providing any kind of visual or vocal disruption for any of the other participants.
Apart from laundry, I will see if the day holds any kind of interesting surprise to perk things up around here. The forecast high temperature for today is "only" +28C, down substantially from yesterday's high of +35C. YAY! Now we are expecting a couple of more very hot days before the temperature actually plummets for at least a week. The overnight temperatures for a couple of nights this week are forecast to be between +6C and +8! Oooh, it is too soon for that kind of chill overnight on the prairies....please Lord, after such a hot summer of being stuck indoors, please, please, please do not let the snow and ice arrive early this year. Amen!
No comments:
Post a Comment