Monday, August 3, 2020

It's Fun Being That "Sneaky Kid" Again!

I had a lot of fun this morning!  Over the past week's worth of phone calls to my mom I have been noting various items she is having trouble getting for one reason and another.  She really struggles with the online shopping when the specific vitamin and mineral supplements or eye drops she needs are not available and the volunteer shoppers make subsitutions that aren't really what she is supposed to be taking.

So, I decided to make the rounds this morning here in my city to see if I could get those things here. Bingo! Success! Purchases made!!  AND I only had to go to two stores, right here near where I live to find everything.  There are some pretty big gaps on the shelving here as well in the vitamin and mineral department, but I was able to cobble together the items she needs.  So grateful for that!

Tomorrow when the post office reopens after today's Saskatchewan Day long weekend holiday, I will mail everything to her.  It was fun for me packing up big print novels, a thick large print word find book, plus assorted vitamins, minerals and eye drops that she has had trouble getting.

My husband suggested that every couple of weeks we package up a little something for her to give her something to look forward to until we are allowed to go into her residence and see her again.  I think we will make a list of possibilities of things she would enjoy: her favourite candies, a new summer blouse, more books, Italian lemon cookies are a favourite thing...ooooh, this is going to be a ton of fun!!

No comments: