Monday, August 31, 2020

Brrrrr....Chatter, Chatter, Chatter.....Brrrrr......

This morning at 8:15am we drove our car to the dealership, dropped it off and then at 8:30am we started the long walk home again.  Knowing it wasn't quite as warm outside as it has been in the mornings lately, I wore long pants, a knit top with 3/4 sleeves and a cotton scarf around my neck and across my shoulders as the neck on the top is somewhat open.  I assumed that at some point on the walk home I would have to shed the scarf because I would be too warm!

HAH!  Too WARM???  The howling wind that came up right about the time we walked away from the dealership was Straight Outta WINTER!!  I nearly bloody froze to death for the entire HOUR it took us to get home as we dodged pedestrian walkway construction and sidewalk closures, waited around, shivering, on street corners for pedestrian walk lights that turned out to be disconnected from a previous construction project,etc., etc., etc. By the time we arrived home I had the aforementioned scarf pulled over my head and around my shoulders with the ends tied around my neck in a futile attempt to become reasonably warm. BRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!  Now I can only pray that the hot drink I poured over my goosebump covered lips  shortly after arriving home warmed me sufficiently to avoid coming down with a cold!

WOW...it has been cold all day, bright sunshine and all. The air temperature is actually quite pleasant but the cold wind has not ceased for the entire day.  It is still chilly and miserable.

Welcome to Autumn, kiddo!! 

On the plus side: the long walk was really good for us both. The cold wind kept us moving between holdups along the route, so we weren't lallygagging when we were actually moving, when we weren't standing around trying to figure out how to dodge rush hour traffic to get across streets, so we got the aerobic workout we both need. Huff puff!

Knowing I was going to be able to have Indian food leftovers for both lunch and dinner warmed the "cockles of my heart" as I marched along this morning, watching my hair blowing straight up as my watering eyes followed my trembling shadow along the sidewalk.

As I sat slurping a hot drink back at home I enjoyed watching the Riverdance 25th Anniversary performance on PBS.  Celtic music makes me cry so it wasn't just tears from the bitter cold wind outside flowing down my cheeks as I watched.  The most wonderful live performance I ever attended in my life was the original Riverdance production at a theatre in Edmonton the year I turned 40. A friend in Edmonton who was also turning 40 purchased tickets for us to see Riverdance live.  Oh, it was FANTASTIC!!  We loved every moment of it.

We got a call from the car dealership a little while ago letting us know the car is ready, but since the place closed for the night less than 45 minutes later, we decided to leave it there and pick it up tomorrow after our morning appointments.  They prepared a list of several other items needing attention so we are going to compare their list with the list we recently received from our regular mechanic, then make an appointment with him and get some of this work done that we promised ourselves we would do in the autumn.  Autumn....it is all ready autumn. It seems like we only just had last winter's snow tires taken off the car and the summer tires put on. Where has the time disappeared to??

My husband is delighted that instead of having to expose himself to who knows what disease at the medical clinic tomorrow morning after his usual Lections Zoom meeting, he will be able to have a phone conference with his doctor to get his official test results.  All his results have appeared on his personal online health account all ready, except for the cholesterol tests he just had last Friday.  There is nothing untoward there.  Hopefully the statins he took will have begun winning the battle to lower his exceptionally scary-high cholesterol numbers.  He is on a rather high dose of statin to get started, but if it has worked well over the past 4 weeks perhaps at some point he could take a lower doseage.  Here's hoping....  After his phone conference  he will meet me outside the eye clinic when my appointment ends tomorrow and we will walk back to the car dealership for our vehicle.

Tonight we have to plan our trip to my bone densitometry exam in Red Deer 3 weeks from now.  The way the COVID19 numbers are rising in Alberta I am suspecting that our plan to visit with Mom may not happen.  I am half expecting she may be in lockdown once again. My husband's family has had a tentative plan to meet us in Calgary and stay at the same hotel so that we could have some visiting time together after not being able to see each other since the first week in January.  May not happen after all?  I am wondering right now if I may be quarantining for 2 weeks after we return. I HAVE to get this testing done. I am all ready late having it because of the pandemic and unless I can produce results from another bone densitometry before the end of this year, I will lose the medical insurance coverage I presently have to be able to afford it.

Always something isn't there? hahahaha  Glad my life is no different from everyone else's.

Well, I think I can hear the faint call of leftover Indian food emanating from my refrigerator, so it must be time for dinner.  Oh, yes...yes I do and the call is becoming louder by the second.  Ooh, now THAT is pure joy!
 

No comments: