Friday, August 7, 2020

Alone, Alone, All All Alone....Mostly

Other than a brief return home for lunch this afternoon, my husband was gone all day and I had some precious hours to myself to do some badly needed cleaning around here.  It felt good to finish up the housework I finally started yesterday.  However, although my shingles symptoms have retreated well and I am close to not having them any more, I found myself completely worn out after only a few hours of housework both days.  Sigh....my whole summer is being wasted while I recover from this stupid viral infection! Damn and blast!!!!  How very disappointing.  I have to confess though that it only seems more disappointing than it actually is because I am SOOOO tired out tonight.  The vaccum felt like it weighed a ton and hauling it around, along with the mop and bucket of soapy water, seemed to zap most of my energy.  I am not complaining. The work is done and I SHOULD sleep well tonight....I hope....I pray.....maybe I can do a couple of other touchups tomorrow when I have another few hours to myself....maybe also some laundry?

My husband had an excellent day away from home....one of the very few he has had since the COVID19 shutdown here at our house on March 17th!  He spent the morning visiting a colleague who also has a somewhat decrepit canoe in need of repairs and they discussed having a canoe repair party tomorrow, as his canoe is stored in the same place as my husband's canoe.  They recuited Kat as well because her canoe is of the same vintage and in about the same condition as theirs.  So, after lunch my husband helped Kat lift her canoe onto the top of her vehicle and get it tied down to the roof.  Away they went to the car wash so they could spray years of accumulated dirt and other storage muck off it, then hauled it over to the storage space for unloading.  Tomorrow morning my husband and Kat will pick up some waterproof paint and hopefully, if they can get the colours they need, they and my husband's colleague will have a few hours together patching and painting their canoes.  When any of them are going to have time to load them up and take them out for a waterproofing test run before summer ends I have no idea, but at the very least the boats will be ready for next year's adventures...perhaps the pandemic will be over by then and they can safely take other friends out for a paddle. (Me, me, take me! hahahaha AS IF.....canoeing for me = sheer terror!)

Kat is recovering from cancer/treatments, my husband is in the throes of CFS and his colleague is suffering from burnout.  What a trio in need of the healing power of a "hands on" work project.  I am glad they got together and realized they could have some fellowship around the canoe repairs.

The temperature today was a much more moderate +27C with a breeze that cooled our suite down wonderfully well today.  If we leave the windows all open we should be cool enough to sleep well after several overly warm nights of fitful slumber. 

No comments: