Thursday, August 13, 2020

Well....TODAY Has Been the Day I Have Needed For a Long Time!

Aaaaahhhhh....that feels better!  Today I was not alone all day. Today it wasn't just myself and my husband trundling about in this suite trying to amuse ourselves day in and day out, or me completely alone while he was working on the canoe.  Today was a stellar day for us both!

We both slept in today and had a fairly relaxed morning.  I took a walk to the pharmacy and the post box.   A friend called me around lunch time to see if I could come over for a patio visit at her place and I said yes...OF COURSE!!  She sounded as lonely and confused as I have felt of late.  Before I went over there I rode around the city with my husband while he ran a few canoe repair related errands and that was good.  We were in parts of the city I rarely see...kind of a localized sight seeing jaunt, hahaha.

My husband dropped me off at my friend's place at about 2pm and went to work n the canoe for a few hours. He borrowed a power sprayer from her husband to wash the canoe and prep it for the next step in the repairs.  When he returned at 6pm my friend and I had dinner waiting for him and for her husband who spent the afternoon making repairs on the roof of their house.  We ate fresh lake trout, baked new potatoes and put together a wonderful mixed green salad complete with halved baby brussel sprouts in it...YUMMY!  We gorged on my friend's freshly baked chocolate chip cookies.  I arrived there at 2pm and left at 8:30pm....we wandered between her shaded front porch and the huge back deck.  There is so much room there that none of us had to get within 8 feet of each other, even when the four of us were together.  My friend and I took turns working in their narrow kitchen, making sure only one of us handled the food items.  All the food came freshly out of the grocery bags and freezer to be cooked.  We wore masks, we washed our hands incessantly AND we had the most wonderful visit!!!  Having such a "normal" day...yes, it seemed normal even though we had masks, weren't sharing the kitchen space, were not working together on the food and sitting far apart all day, even farther apart when we were eating...this is as close to normal as visiting friends can get right now...WAY WAY better than hiding out at home every second.  When the COVID19 numbers begin to surge again....a real possibility as the kids return to school and as more businesses and offices are starting to reopen more people return from travelling in an attempt to have some kind of real summer this year....it is likely that we will all return to some kind of more locked down conditions again by the middle to late autumn, so a day like today is a huge blessing indeed!  Who knows when once again all visiting will have to cease for a time.  Thank you precious Lord!!

Tomorrow morning I get to have another visit with another great friend.  Wow...how badly I have been in need of such times and to have two in a row like this....it doesn't get much better for me.  I am blessed!  I was worried about myself over the past few days because of the stress I was feeling about the social isolation etc., but today was a wonderful reprieve and there is more "good stuff" happening tomorrow.

Also, I came home to the news that our good friends from the East who just bought a house out west a week or two ago, listed their Eastern house yesterday and today it sold...for their asking price!!!  There are people lining up trying to get their hands on it, so if there is any problem with this sale for any reason, they will not be at a loss for another buyer.  I am SO impressed with how everything has been going for them.  They are friends who live with many health stresses and to not have as many of the often usual house buying and selling fiascos is a wonderful blessing for them.  It is good to see other people being as blessed today as I have been.  WOW!

2 comments:

SusanE said...

How awesome is that!! So glad you have and are having some wonderful fellowship days!!
Enjoy your day!
Blessings Susan

Susan said...

Despite a fatality accident outside my front door this morning I did have another wonderful visit with a friend. Although we stayed distanced the accident forced us indoors to avoid reporters and cameras. It was cold outside, threatening to rain, so it was nice to be free to be indoors.