Monday, August 10, 2020

Energy Returning With a Vengeance!

I am very grateful that for the past 24 hours I have had a surge of energy and have been able to get some work done around here.  YAY!!  I was beginning to wonder if I would ever feel well again.

One thing that helped was being able to close the bedroom window the past two nights.  The temperature outside cooled sufficiently overnight to be able to shut the window and take another layer of outside noise out of the equation.  I have slept well and long both nights and along with a good sleep has come energy!  Thank you Lord!  So, I am finding it takes a closed window, my all night white noise playing in the background and my earplugs firmly pushed into my ears in order to get a proper sleep.  Being a light sleeper has been hell all my life and with age come sleep disorders for most people anyway.  

Yesterday after church, and yes, I am over my regrettably intense disappointment with the music, I did 7 loads of laundry after my husband discovered the rest of his missing summer shirts in a rubber tub in the basement.  Climbing up and down all those stairs was wonderful exercise.  Instead of feeling exhausted afterward I felt charged up and ready to rumble.

This morning I was able to take care of some rather overripe bananas and made a giant banana loaf that my husband will enjoy.  All the baking dishes are done and put away, some banking is completed and I will start ironing the giant pile of clothing from yesterday's laundry extravaganza.  If it takes me all day to complete it, no worries.  I have all day to myself and can make my own schedule. I have settled a problem with an upcoming eye appointment, contacted Mom's residence to have them record the days and times of our upcoming visit and talked to Mom about an issue she is having getting the tax department to change her address despite numerous attempts. We have now figured out the problem and will address it once I get to her place.  I had a long chat with an out of province friend and that was fun.

Adding to my happiness today is the receipt of a notice from the government that they have re-evaluated my harmonized Goods and Services sales tax rebate and I will be receiving triple the amount of my July payment  for the next 3 payments.  YIPPEE!!!!  Monthly haircut money!!  No more shaggy bag lady look!

My husband woke up earlier than usual this morning, all excited about going back to work on the canoes for the day.  He is so happy to be getting this project done after having to wait for several years.  He came home happy on his lunch break, picked up another armful of old tools and headed back to the job site for the afternoon, giddy as a school boy. hahaha  He is surrounded by like minded friends, all working on their boats, laughing and talking together, helping each other with the repairs...what a blessed time for my huband.  They hope to have a lot done by tomorrow afternoon as Kat is heading off for a few days of holiday the following day and then it is our turn to head out to visit mom for a couple of days.  It is wonderful to see my husband so enthused, encouraged and edified in the midst of this rather time consuming, long awaited project.

It is the end of another "era" for me: this morning I boxed up the last few books of classical music that I used to be able to play fairly well and added the box to the growing pile of "stuff" that we are taking off to various "recycling centers" later this week or after our trip to Mom's.  It was difficult to accept that it makes sense to get rid of them so that others can enjoy playing the music I no longer can...it was difficult for about 3 minutes, about as long as it took me to retrieve them from the closet and get them boxed to go.  I find that, despite my recent rants about church music, part of the reason I am ranting is because I am realizing that music in general has lost much of its meaning and enjoyment.  I can't sing any more, I can't play proper classical and jazz pieces on the piano any more and at this point I can't say I have much interest left in either participating in music or even listening to it.  Perhaps I will start listening to it again once I work through the changes I have been forced to make with the loss of my own music making abilities.

Okay, time to go and tackle my massive pile of ironing.  I am sure there will be something on the tv news to keep me mildly entertained while I perform such a mundane task. 

 

No comments: