This morning, as I cut and plated yesterday's baking for the cousins' reunion it didn't look like quite enough, so I quickly found a receipe for honey/cinnamon cookies in my excellent hadassah bazaar cookbook, circa 1976. SO simple and quick. Made and baked in just over 20 minutes. Perfect!
Now I have 3 plates of baking...baking that actually turned out well!!!! It's a near miracle as I bake so rarely. The 3 plates are wrapped in plastic wrap and then knotted up in colourful Japanese scarves for carrying to the car. My husband has a couple of types of tea, we have the teapots and strainers, creamer, sugar and non-sugar sweeteners all set and ready to go right after lunch.
My husband got a text from his sister last evening to say she and her husband were safely in Saskatoon and would meet us at the reunion. It is always more relaxing when you know the relatives are having safe travels. Looking forward to having for dinner tonight either some of the stew I made yesterday or the tourtiere my sister in law is bringing. Either way I don't have to cook any more today! YES!
Must run and do my baking dishes now that my husband has his new batch of granola all mixed and ready for baking in the oven. It's going to be a good one with dried pineapple and ginger and apricot bits in it.
As is often the case on days this bitterly cold, the sun is shining brightly and enticing us out to prepare the car for our afternoon visiting.
No comments:
Post a Comment