Decided to put up our small Christmas tree this afternoon. We have just enough decorations left after many an "o no, we are moving again" culling, to fill it out nicely. The handful of remaining free standing decorations have mostly been able to fit into the small living room display case in around the pottery and antique ornaments. That means I won't have to dust them until after Christmas is over and I am putting them back into storage. Lazy is as lazy does........ There were 3 or 4 ornaments that I couldn't cram into the display case successfully, so they are artfully (I hope) arranged on the china cabinets.
So...Christmas decorating...done and done!!!
You can tell I feel about as Christmasy as the broad side of a barn this year...like most years now that so many of our relatives have passed on and the remaining family members are scattered all over the place. Christmas Eve will be lovely because my husband is leading the service at our church and he does a good job, particularly at including the many kids who suddenly appear with their visiting parents at that service.
The other thing that will make the holidays happy will be the arrival of my husband's sister and her husband on Boxing Day. Seeing the rest of the cousins at the reunion that afternoon will be a cheery way to usher in our holiday time.
My friend Pat laughs and laughs at my lack of decorating ability. She is a powerhouse of creativity and I am too lazy about the whole subject to bother finding out if I actually share any of her ability to make the holidays exciting through the joy of seasonal decorations.
The sun is shining so brightly this afternoon that I am going to return to the grocery store for a couple of items I missed this morning and mail a couple of Christmas cards. It will be fun to get outside for a few minutes again in the glorious, unexpected warmth.
No comments:
Post a Comment