Another chilly but sunny day. The temperature today has risen to a manageable -26C, manageable because there is no wind today.....AMAZING! I am loving the bright sunshine.
Last night was a night of "breaking it down": as in, our toaster oven broke down and packed it in permanently, my bedside lamp refused to work, (my husband was able to fix it today, it was only the switch needing a bit of work), and our printer refused to come on, (but I discovered a loose plug and got it going again). hahaha What an evening we had. Tomorrow afternoon my husband and I will head over to Canadian Tire to see if we can find a toaster oven...an unexpected Merry Christmas present to ourselves. hahaha
We got underway a bit earlier today. Our visiting family took us to Costco as we are not members and they are. haha My husband and I found not one thing in stock or otherwise available that we went to purchase, but eventually my husband found a bag of hazelnuts at a most reasonable price, a huge bag of slivered almonds, as well as a nice bottle of maple syrup at the same price I pay for it elsewhere, and our relatives found some BBQ equipment not available right now at their own home store. So, it was worth the long wait in a long lineup for the cashiers to ring through our few purchases....kind of. There is little to recommend a membership at Costco for my husband and I. There are so few things there that we eat or drink and we are no longer in the market for "big ticket" items. Had the lamb chops not been dated as best before this coming Saturday I would have purchased a package. Our relatives swear by them, but we are not going to be home for dinner the next few evenings and I don't want to ruin the freshness of the meat by freezing them. So, although our hopes for buying a few things were rather dashed, it was a great deal of fun scoping out the store and finally spending enough time in there to get a good idea of whether or not a membership would be worth getting for ourselves.
We ate lunch at Breakfast Bistro. The caesar salads there really are the best in town, the most creative, the tastiest and lightest and freshest. Regina has many decent, delicious restaurant caesar salads available but this one is the most amazing to my sister in law and myself.
The guys spent some time last night ripping apart the latest Star Wars movie and have made the decision, I think, not to bother seeing any more upcoming sequels. They had a few good comments, but for the most part were very disappointed...again....in the storyline, the quality of the script and the blah acting of most of the principal actors. They are tired of being disappointed and the rest of us are tired of hearing how disappointed they always are. hahaha I am just relieved I didn't have to go! haha
Now our relatives are watching a repeat of a very good tv special, "The Devil's Horn", a history of and tribute to the saxophone and many fine sax musicians. So glad it is available On Demand. My husband and I all ready saw it some months ago and quite enjoyed it.
We are full of salad and home made mince pie so not sure if we will go out for dinner or skip it pretty much all together! haha Possibly this will be the night for Chinese food...and then in the morning our company will be heading home again. I cannot believe how quickly this 3 days has flown by. It has been a very good time!! The visit certainly made our Christmas merry!
Should go and finish off a couple of New Year's letters for some friends who didn't receive Christmas cards this year.
No comments:
Post a Comment