Aaaaaaand, now I am recovering from a very mild case of food poisoning or what have you. hahaha
I ate the remains of some cooked chicken yesterday that I now realize had been in the refrigerator a few days longer than I thought at the time. Duh!
As well, I ate cabbage that had not been cooked as long as I usually cook it, resulting in added pain overnight. Duh again! I know better than to eat partially cooked cabbage, so why did I? Double duh!!!
Of course, because of how ill I was at bedtime, I had no evening snack, so by 7am my blood sugar dropped like a stone. I thought I would be able to make my way downstairs to make my husband’s lunch for work and drink some water, eat a bit, but as I put the final item in his lunch bag I was so overwhelmed with dizziness I barely made it back upstairs to bed. I fell down on top of the bed clutching a bottle of cold water, a bag of buns and a carton of prunes. My poor husband, suffering his own brand of exhaustion after being up most of the night with me, called his office to say he would be very late in to work, and fell back asleep, just like me. When we woke up an hour later we both giggled at the sight of me still sprawled across the bed, still clutching my water, buns and prunes in a death grip. Finally I was able to consume enough food and drink to raise my blood sugar back to an acceptable level.
So, here I am at nearly 10am, still in bed, still weak and shaky, but the dizziness is gone and most of the stomach pain has subsided. A bit more sleep now and then a bit more to eat and likely I will be able to get out of bed and lay on the couch for awhile. Friends from B.C. made us marvellous lap quilts so I can wrap up in those for the afternoon.
I am so grateful I am ill today, but should be over it by tomorrow. Tomorrow a friend from out of town is coming for dinner and a visit, so I want to feel well enough to clean at least the rooms in this place he will be using.
I wonder how many of the past 14 hours of illness are the result of eating stale and improperly prepared foods and how much being ill is the result of “secret stress” relief once we heard my husband’s good test results. I think subconsciously I was afraid to take more troubles to God because he has done more than I could ask or imagine all ready in our lives. Why should I be exempt from the stresses of life that we all face? Right?
What a ridiculous thought for a Christian! As God’s people, all are invited to take every burden, EVERY burden to our Heavenly Father! At the very least we can have an expectation of God to bless us with as much peace of mind as we need to face reality when it frightening. There is no maximum limit to the amount of peace we can ask for and learn to receive and walk in as we get to know God more intimately.
Even as one who has experienced that level of peace in the midst of dark times before, oh, how very quickly I still forget that it is never wrong to admit to God that I am terrified out of my wits and expect to receive some level of restoration of my peace of mind. God is not put out or overburdened by my little requests. As a created being, I am supposed to have a relationship with my Creator! So, guess I needed to be reminded of that....again....I don’t mind being ill due to ingesting stale food, but not giving over my worries about my husband’s health issues was rather foolish of me.
Well, I have something to contemplate for the rest of the morning, in between naps. It is all good.
No comments:
Post a Comment