Friday, December 8, 2017

Over It Now

When my husband got home from work last night I told him what happened with my near accident and he helped me reconstruct what I had seen when I went to pull over in front of the car that I was too close to.  He drilled me and drilled me and decided that while I may indeed have cut her off, he suspects I wasn't as close to her as she thought I was.  He said that if I pulled over quickly and surprised her it is entirely possible she reacted more than necessary.  Weeellll, bless him for trying to make me feel better and maybe he is correct, but whatever actually happened it certainly is going to ensure I pay even closer attention to my driving when I go grocery shopping today.

The sweet man took me out for dinner to make me feel better....to the same Chinese buffet we went to last time that I wasn't that thrilled with, but they have a plethora of yummy veggie dishes that seem to agree with his digestive system.  haha  Fortunately, they had the wonderful steamed fish again, plus a sideboard with a huge beef roast that was so tender. They must have roasted it to death to get it that tender, but it was very tasty. There was a large ham as well that we didn't try, but it looked good.

I thought  I might try to go to the Rotary Carol Festival last night to hear the two choirs I should have been singing with, but by the time we got home it was too late, plus I wanted to remain at home to make sure my husband wasn't going to have any gall bladder issues after our restaurant meal. Fortunately he was just fine and had another good sleep last night. 

Our son phoned last night and I am glad I was home for that.  He is now fighting a cold, like half the city by the sound of it.  BUT he has also applied for 2 more full time jobs and is applying for 2 more this evening.  The joy there is that, unlike in his former resident city of Vancouver, there are so many art related jobs to apply for!  Eventually he should be able to land one.  He said he feels at this point that he is being set up to wait for just the right one because he continues to land a few days of temporary work here and there, just enough to keep ahead of the bills and art supply expenses.  He is working on the hand painted linen scarf he is sending me for Christmas, as well as making himself a set of curtains in a similar vein.

We also found out last night that one of the first friends my husband made when he moved to his college town passed away recently from a recurrence of a brain tumor.  The last time we saw him was nearly 3 years ago now and we knew he was in trouble again when the emails stopped arriving suddenly and no one in his family kept in touch with us.  He suffered horribly through both his tumor incidents and at the end just wanted to go to heaven to be with his mom and dad there. His family has suffered right along with him as personality changes made for big trouble. We will miss him very much as he was a huge presence in our lives and we learned many life lessons from him, but we are glad he isn't suffering such agony any more. He was only 66 years old.

Guess it is breakfast time.  Time to make my husband's lunch for work as well.  Time to get dressed and go grocery shopping before the store gets too "Friday crowded". It is warmer today and will be most of the next week.  Life goes on.....

No comments: