Tuesday, December 5, 2017

My Poor Husband....What A Day!!

I had a marvellous day today...bus riding, errands, Christmas "things", ironing completed, shovelling twice the big fluffy snowflakes outside our place.

My husband....not so much.  At 2pm he had to be driven home by our Bishop from the day of meetings because of another rather bad gall bladder attack.  A second staff drove our car home for him and a third will bring his glasses and lunch kit etc., that were left at the meeting, back to the office in the morning. 

Now that the attacks have increased in frequency and intensity, we are quite certain that the gall bladder is indeed the culprit from anything we have been able to learn over the past week of reading.

Monday my husband has a "meet and greet" with a possible new physician.  HOWEVER, if he has another night time attack as bad as the last one I AM insisting I take him to the emergency at the nearest hospital.  If he arrives in that condition then the scope and subsequent treatment, surgery or whatever just MIGHT happen a little bit sooner...MAYBE.

So, I don't know whether to hope for a bad nighttime attack that gets some action or that the poor man can last well until next Monday's doctor's appointment and whatever that doctor decides to do in the immediate future...IF he even accepts him as a patient.

I feel so badly for my husband. Besides the pain and fatigue there is the fear of fainting, which his Bishop was scared he was going to do at the meeting.  My husband had some bad attacks earlier in the year after eating tomatoes, but lately they have been okay.  At lunch today he ate one....oops.....not the best thing to have done apparently.

I wonder if either of us is going to be able to sleep at night for the next 6 nights prior to the doctor's appointment.  hahahaha  

My husband is supposed to be interviewing a replacement staffer this week...sigh....if this gall bladder puts him any more behind than the whole process all ready is for one reason and another, he is going to be most discouraged.

Please pray he is able to just cope with whatever happens. Thank you. 😀

1 comment:

SusanE said...

Praying! Not fun stuff😣