What a constructive morning! It is only 11am but I have cooked up a storm and finished up four out of six loads of laundry. Don't know if the glorious sunshine outside is giving me energy or if it is simply because today I feel better than I have in the last three!
Cooking and laundry are two tasks I can do without straining my irritated throat. So far today I have boiled a large cabbage and broiled a huge, lovely, organic squash from one of my husband's friends, baked a pan of chicken breasts and prepared a large pot of beef and vegetable stew that is currently in the oven, making the house smell just marvellous. Later this afternoon I will make a pot of Thai rice.
My husband went to bed very early last evening as he has a long day of out of town meetings today, but that meant he was awake and up before 6am. I gave up any idea of sleeping and got up as well, so I think I will be eating an early lunch today. Eating breakfast at 6:30am is not my usual experience.
After lunch I have all the dishes to wash from the cooking extravaganza, so that will give me a chance to be on my feet right after I eat. It is nice enough outside that I may walk over to the nearest grocery store for carrots and celery, to replace what I put into the stew this morning. At the moment there is barely a breeze outside and I would like to take advantage of that!
Throat issues have effectively cancelled my participation in both choirs for the rest of this year....what a great time to pull out on the team, I know: right before the end of term concerts, but I can't help it. Doctor's orders.
Other than that bit of upset all is well. My sinuses have finally stopped aching and once my throat stops doing what it is currently doing, (I will spare you the gory details of the resurrection of old throat problems.), life will be back to normal.
Yup, another good day!
No comments:
Post a Comment