Saturday, December 2, 2017

NOW I'm Tired!

Nineteen trips up and down both flights of stairs, my wonderful six block round trip to get a few veggies at the store, a couple of hours on my feet in the kitchen cooking and I am very tired, finally.  It is the right kind of tired...from working and exercising my legs, instead of from a prolonged period of inactivity.

We reached our forecast daytime high temperature of +4C just before 2pm, so I wrapped my throat up in a warm scarf and had my short walk.  When I was recovering from both the broken ankle and later on the broken hip, a six block round trip seemed like a trip to the moon and back. hahaha  Now it barely counts as going for a walk.  What a fabulous change in life....enough hardware in my "bad" leg to keep me from snapping any bones just from walking and away I go!  Hallelujah!!  After every broken bone I marvel at the body's ability to heal itself with the help of physiotherapy...in an earlier day and age I would be confined to a wheelchair by now, but instead, I am walking for miles every week.  I am so very grateful for continuing mobility, because you never know....right?

Now I am going to watch a bit of tv until the last load of laundry is ready to come out of the dryer.  One more round trip up those stairs and then I will be done for awhile. hahaha Yeah granny...it is time for a rest! hahaha 

My husband will be very excited to see all the choices he has for his dinner tonight.  When I have the occasional BIG COOK day he is like a kid in a candy store come the next meal.  He wants a little taste of everything.  REALLY looking forward to him returning from his meeting so we can feast and visit together before he disappears for the rest of the evening to finish writing his sermon for tomorrow.

No comments: