Just home from the dentist. I have my third crown of this year underway. This is exciting! At this rate, it won't be that many more years until the major crown extravaganza is completed. I am so happy that a couple of weeks ago I received a retroactive, tax free, GIS payment that will cover the cost of this bit of dental work, no worries that my husband's plan has no more coverage for this year.
I am amazed at how easy this process is for the patient nowadays. What wonderful fortune to be able to access the most modern freezings, equipment, techniques....it never ceases to surprise me when I think back to the bad old days in the chair when I was a kid. What a blessing to be able to lay back and doze while the drill is running, to be able to giggle at some of those sounds because they remind me of the old wood planer my husband had in his woodworking shop years ago.
Add in a sunshiny above zero day (going to +5C!!), my husband getting all his lab work done early this morning, plus finding some of our favourite artisan breads 50% off at the grocery store and it has been one great morning! I am grateful once again for the little miracles of the day.
My life may not seem very interesting to most of you reading this blog, but to me each day shows little glimpses of heaven to come; even the days that are dark and scary have their good moments. My life has changed dramatically over the past 15 years and I have learned to be content with far less excitement than used to be required to feel happy. It is all good!
No comments:
Post a Comment