"Dear past, thank you for all the lessons. Dear future, I'm ready."
--Gabby Douglas
"If you've habituated your mind to notice the bad, you've got to work to find the good. Ask yourself: what can you appreciate right now? What could the upside be" How might this turn out well? How can you contribute to a positive outcome?"
--M. J. Ryan
"Do not compare your growth to anyone else's. The only person you are competing with is who you were yesterday."
--Sarah Jakes Roberts
"If you can't find the spirit of the holidays in your heart, you'll never find it under a tree."
--Michael Holbrook
"Curiosity has kept me young as I have gotten older."
--Les Wexner
"If you're feeling low, don't despair. The sun has a sinking spell every night, but it comes back up every morning."
--Dolly Parton
I'm not much for self-help books but occasionally I come across specific quotes by self-help authors or athletes or celebrities that speak to me on some level.
No comments:
Post a Comment