Yes, you read that correctly. We have the fedora back in our possession. Unbelievable!
My husband got the call just before he left work. He told me just as he finished eating his dinner, so I pushed back from the dining room table, left the rest of my own dinner uneaten and away we went to the restaurant to retrieve my husband's beloved hat. It looks none the worse for wear.
We are both very grateful to the wait staff at Leopold's on Albert Street. One of the managers was not on board about wanting the staff to work that hard to get the hat back, but the girls decided it was not that particular fellow's decision to make....bless their hearts. We are very grateful to the person who returned it as well. Please pray a blessing on that person and on the staff at the restaurant.
Just this morning I removed the fedora from my pile of prayer request papers and tore it up. I told God I was tired of worrying about a hat, even such an expensive hat and I would just accept the fact it was gone forever: the old "death of a vision" we learned about back in the 1970's at the Institute in Basic Youth Conflicts. The basic idea is that often, when we have suffered a loss, God restores that ministry, job, item, what have you, sometimes in a different form, after you have TRULY given it back to him.
This return of the hat, nearly 8 weeks after losing it, is giving me courage and hope in my prayers for our son as he faces a big financial loss. Thank you for all your prayers about both situations. Being part of the Christian community is a huge comfort.
No comments:
Post a Comment