I have been enjoying the occasional addition of grape and orange Koolaid Liquids flavouring to my glasses of water, as you readers know. Welllll, today I found the watermelon flavouring on sale, 2 for the price of 1 + a little bit. I remember when watermelon flavouring first came on the market, back in the dark ages when all the Koolaid packets were filled with flavoured powder rather than flavoring coming in little plastic bottles of liquid. I remember liking it almost as much as my most favourite banana-strawberry flavour, SO I picked up 2 little bottles of the stuff today.
As soon as it was time for lunch I opened a 500 litre bottle of cold water, poured it into a tall glass and added the watermelon flavouring. Then I took a BIG drink.....and nearly threw up right there in the kitchen sink! Blecch! Pooey!! Blaaaaahhh!!! O horrors....I must have chugged down a full cup all at once before the flavour hit me full on. I am imagining what toxic waste could taste like and thinking this particular flavouring could be right up there with the MOST toxic of ALL wastes.
Two hours later now and my tongue feels like it has undergone the kind of chemical peel normally reserved for the skin on a person's face! My stomach is rumbling and I am still urping and burping up the flavour. YUKKO!!!
Good thing it was on sale! The opened bottle is now in the garbage and the unopened bottle is in the bag of food I am collecting for our property management company's annual Christmas food drive. No doubt some little child will think he or she has died and gone to heaven when finding this watermelon urpy-burpy in their Christmas food hamper. I am glad kids have different taste bud experiences than adults do...at least than THIS adult seems to have had with THIS stuff. Yikes!!
Even though I had a successful grocery shopping excursion this morning, I still forgot to pick up the lettuce as written on my list. It gave me a wonderful excuse to go for a short walk to the nearest grocery store right after lunch. It is generally an 8 block round trip, but today it turned into 4 blocks over and only 3 blocks back. I took the shortcut home because, like a total idiot, I stepped knowingly but without looking down properly, into a dip in the pavement just outside the store. I felt my back jar and the muscles, from the base of my spine right up into my neck, spasm instantly. I must have let a mighty gasp escape out of my mouth because another customer on the way in gave me the most odd and questioning look. Sigh....spontaneous expressions of pain can be so disconcerting to the other people hearing them. Anyway, I took the shortest of short cuts back home with my bag of lettuce and now I am resting my back. I have to go out of town tomorrow. I have to be able to drive for over 2 hours in each direction there and back. Sure hope I have not screwed up my back again like I did a few years ago. With osteoporosis mini fractures radiating down from the disks just below my shoulders I have to be super careful, but occasionally I make a dumb misstep like I did this afternoon and yowza!!
Time to go lay down on the couch and just rest those muscles. One thing about back muscles is that they are not the least bit shy to let a person know when they are unhappy!!! Sure was great being out walking in the sunshine though. What a beauty day once again.
No comments:
Post a Comment