Just back from the doctor's appointment for my test results. Again with the cholesterol problems, sigh!!! And after I have tried SO hard....drat! Blast it!! Poop!!!
My A1C is at non-diabetic levels, hallelujah!! Good thing #2 is that all my other blood tests, specimen analyses and what-have-you are testing well within range.
So.......since my weight is not going up, or DOWN, despite the very strict diet (mostly) and the massive amount of daily exercise, the next thing to check is my thyroid. I am going to undergo several tests over the next 3 months and see what is going on there. There is often a correlation between thyroid dysfunction and an otherwise unexplainable rise in cholesterol, so away we go with this next possibility. I am also starting immediately a daily aspirin regime, as so many of us with poor heart histories have to do. I purchased my first bottle of baby aspirin after my appointment. There is a history of thyroid issues on my mom's side of the family, so there is certainly the possibility that I am among the "blessed" descendents to have those issues, just as some of my cousins do.
I am feeling good about all this. My doctor is loathe, VERY loathe to start me on statins if there is any chance that even more strict dietary measures will bring the LDL's down a bit more, or if it is actually my thyroid causing the issues. Although my cholesterol numbers have dropped in the past 3 months, I am still way over acceptable limits.
My heart is certainly behaving itself again. Since dropping out of all but one of my weekly committments and reducing other stresses as well, I am feeling much better. All my heart tests have shown amazing results, very happy results, despite the murmur getting worse. So, again, the thyroid is a good next thing to check out. Lots can be done to help if my present problems are indeed thyroid related.
It was a very positive appointment. I so like my doctor. She is always willing to try natural processes to help me before resorting to medications. She hopes I can avoid using statins at all and is willing to wait for my thyroid test results in a few months before writing any prescriptions. Thank you God for this wonderful, intelligent and understanding woman. Thank you that there are more tests and more possiblities to discover, all problems for which there are solutions.
1 comment:
Awesome news overall!!
Post a Comment