We had a marvellous time in Esterhazy this weekend, presenting the seminar on giving and receiving forgiveness. What a wonderful little congregation...small but mighty!
Everyone arrived, Bibles in hand, eager to learn, ready to display the scriptural knowledge they all ready have. It was just great! This is one of my most favourite parishes to visit in our diocese. They are so welcoming and friendly and they make spectacular meals to share with us...wow, shortbread cookies with a droozle each of melted caramel and chocolate on top. Yes, I ate one...before our weekend together was over I ate two!! Yum! My husband did an amazing job with his part of the presentation... a near miracle after being so worn out by the end of the past week of work. We worked well together this weekend. I enjoyed it.
And now he has a few days at home. Everyone in the office has extra time off over the next couple of weeks so that they all get some kind of refreshing post-Synod. Since the weather looks like it is going to be particularly miserable this week all around the province, it is a good week to have some days off to veg out without feeling guilty about not having social plans up the wahzoo!!
We woke up in our hotel this morning and peeled back the drapes to look at the soggy ground outside. There definitely was a decent amount of rain overnight. The wind was howling and has continued to do so all day, all the way home. We drove into a snow pellet storm about 30km from Esterhazy and it lasted for about 70km before we drove out of it again. The wind was so strong I felt very nervous passing the semi's that simply had to slow down considerably so they could stay upright. We are very grateful we had no more snow or freezing rain once we drove out of our first little blizzard of the winter season, but we are going to get our share in just a few days.
Well, it is time to go and look in the fridge and see what I can pull together for dinner. Coming home from an exhausting weekend trip and having to cook dinner is not my favourite thing, BUT it is so cold outside, my husband is so tired and I am so happy to stay inside in the warmth that today, I can cook anything he wants for dinner right here at home.
Thank you Lord for safe travel, a quick trip through the bit of stormy weather and for our wonderful friends in Esterhazy Anglican Church!
PS I am delighted that my husband has been asked once again to take the Christmas Eve service at our most recent former parish. He loves doing it and they seem to love him doing it.
No comments:
Post a Comment