After the post service pot luck yesterday in Esterhazy we had to head for the nursing home. My husband was going to help train one of the parishioners to do home communions, so the two of them were stopping at the nursing home to do one for an elderly parishioner who is no longer able to attend church. We planned to leave from there for home, so I had to go along for the ride.
I needed desperately to use the washroom at the church before we left, but there was a young girl in the one and only bathroom stall and it became evident as I stood impatiently waiting, that she was going to be awhile. I wasn't sure what to do because my husband was waiting for me so all 3 of us could get going, but finally the door opened and the little girl, just barely 6 years old, blocked the doorway and gave me one of those top of my head to the tips of my toes "once over" stares.
I asked her if she had finished using the washroom and she replied, "Not really." So I asked her how much longer she thought she would be. She looked me up and down again and said, "I dunno. Do ya' gotta go real bad??" I assured her that I did and that I could also go "real fast", so she gave me stare number 3 and then stepped out of the doorway. I nearly ripped the door right off the hinges in my attempt to get into the bathroom before she had another chance to cut me off! hahahaha
As I exited the cubicle, there she was again: "Yup, ya' went real fast all right. Good for you." Stifling a bad giggle that was welling up in my throat, I thanked her for allowing me to use the bathroom. "You are most welcome.", she graciously replied as she gave me her best Queen Elizabeth wave before I squeezed past her and raced up the stairs to my husband's waiting car.
Hahahaha....so glad I was able to keep my promise to go "real fast", or I may have gotten quite a tongue lashing! hahahahaha
No comments:
Post a Comment