So, after 2 days of weather warnings, alerts, fear mongering etc., the "big storm" arrived just before 10pm.
Sigh.......there was a lot of wind. There was a bit of rain. There was not so much as one flake of snow. Talk about a tempest in a teapot~a lot of hoopla~much ado about nothing. I admit it: I am kind of disappointed.
The good part of it for our family though is that we have relatives in Alberta who have been called very unexpecedly to drive into Saskatchewan today to attend the funeral of a good friend. We are grateful they are going to have clear roads and dry weather to make the trip over this weekend. Yesterday, going by the forecast for the area they are travelling in, I wouldn't have recommended the drive, but this morning it seems there is as little snow and ice along their route as there is here in our city. For that we are all grateful.
At least I can run my errands this morning without worrying about falling on a fresh sheet of ice...another good thing!
No comments:
Post a Comment