Friday, October 20, 2017

Attempt Number Three To Get Hit In a Crosswalk Here!

Wow....it is amazingly difficult to get through to some of the drivers in this city that pedestrians have the right of way at unmarked crosswalks!  I got another fright today. As I was walking home from downtown after paying my phone bill I stopped at a corner to be sure the two cars coming at me, down the one way street on my right hand side, were going to stop at their stop sign so I could safely cross.  The vehicle nearest to me did stop as did the second one a few seconds later. By the time the second one stopped I was 1/3 of the way across the street. Suddenly the driver took off through the intersection. Fortunately I noticed and stopped abruptly so she could pass me without knocking me down.  She looked out her side window at me and frowned....SHE FROWNED???  I was doing more than frowning, I tell you.  I was waving my arms around and yelling "HEY!!" at the top of my lungs.  She didn't slow down, just kept staring out her side window as she forged ahead.  She continued turning her head around backwards, watching me as I progressed through the crosswalk.  I wonder who she almost hit at the next corner since she was so intent on looking behind her, instead of at the road ahead of her.  This was not some old granny behind the wheel, someone even older than myself, struggling with macular degeneration or distraction. It as not a young teenaged driver being careless or too much in a rush.  It was a woman who appeared to be in her 40's or early 50's and has probably been driving for awhile. I was not dawdling so she couldn't have been upset that I was slowing her down by crossing the street. Aiiii yiiiii.....Regina and Moose Jaw are the two most unsafe cities I have ever walked or driven in.  It is unreal here.  Totally scary!!

I am grateful, once again, to be alive!!!!  One pedestrian/car accident in my life resulting in me being injured is enough, thank you very much!! 

Thank you God for keeping me safe and I do pray it was a wake up call to the lady who was driving.  The driver of the other car was very kind and as I reached the other side of the road he slowed and rolled down his window to ask if I was okay. Thank you sir.  I appreciate it.  Oh how I pray I don't end up terrifying any pedestrians or other drivers when I myself am behind the wheel of my car!! I don't want to be guilty of the same driving offences.

No comments: