Minor disappointment today: the bit of kidney rash I thought I saw on my middle after a shower the other day showed up unmistakably again this morning an hour after eating my oats for breakfast. I have about a week's worth of packets of instant oats left, so I will take a break for 3 days, then try to eat the oats for 3 days, then take a break for 3 days, then try to finish up the last of the packets, but if there is more rash despite the breaks I have to quit eating them. If I get any sort of itchy lower leg it means my kidneys are even more unhappy and it is time to stop eating oats forthwith! It would be good to stop eating them before things reach that point. Drat! I have a feeling my 3 days on and 3 days off is not going to work, but I so desperately do not want to go back to daily psyllium and cutting B12 pills into quarters as a way to lower my cholesterol. The oats were so danged effective. Returning to the wonderful world of gagging on psyllium and getting all hot flashy and red faced from the B12 until I adjust again is not an exciting contemplation. BUT, whatever is going to work is what I have to do!
Today is quite lovely outside. I have been out banking all ready. The sun is shining, the wind is barely a breeze, it is warming up for today...all the way to +17C supposedly. YES!! This afternoon after lunch I will walk over to the grocery store for some milk. The recent winds have pretty much stripped the rest of the trees of their leaves, at least in the park across from us, but I notice in the more protected, older residential sections there are still many beautiful red and yellow leaves still hanging from the tree limbs.
I went to bed early last night and was asleep before 10pm, so when my husband woke up just before 6am I did too, feeling most refreshed and ready to face the day. He has been working on the PowerPoint aspect of the seminar he is teaching this coming weekend and will spend the rest of the day fleshing out a bit more of the content. Although he is actually working today, on this seminar, he finds it very relaxing. His stomach is starting to unclench after the busyness and stress of last weekend, he is settling into the tiredness and taking naps here and there as needed. We are most impressed with God's answers to all the prayers for my husband's health to be preserved during and after this stressful work time. Thank you Lord and thank you prayer warriors. I stand amazed that the man is not flat on his back, or wandering around the house in a total stupor while recovering. Wow!
So....he just came in and asked me if I would like to watch tv with him, some of the "robot wars" put on in Saskatoon recently. Actually I wouldn't go so far as to say I would LIKE to, but I will TOLERATE it for his sake and enjoy it as much as possible. hahaha It really is kind of amazing what these young students can do with "tissue paper and comb" so to speak as they create their little one to three pound 'bots.
No comments:
Post a Comment