It's a chilly, sunny day and I am all packed up to head out of town. It is a perfect day for a drive actually. I admit I am looking forward to it. Hopefully some effective ministry will happen before I head back home tomorrow.
My husband is now off work...well out of the office at least...for a week, so he is looking forward to some relaxing time. We have been tracking the weather reports for a trip to Calgary, but it appears if we go we will be driving through and on either snow, ice or both on the way home. If my husband was brimming with energy we would probably take the chance, knowing if we had to take a hotel overnight part way due to weather it would be just fine, but he is very tired and had a bad stress tummy attack yesterday afternoon, so it would not be wise to put any more stress onto him. Fortunately my parents are not aware that we had any such plans, so they will not be disappointed when we don't go to visit them. For now I am thinking perhaps I will fly out to see them for a couple of days closer to Mom's birthday and surprise her. My husband is heading to the west coast the following week for some work related meetings so a quick trip to see mom could be my little break away from here before he is gone. I will make the decisions early next week.
Our son should know in a couple of days if he and the other tenants are going to be evicted from their suites as part of the aftermath of the rent fraud hassle. He hasn't been in touch at all in the past few days so that is a fair statement about his own stress levels. Obviously he didn't get, or at least hasn't heard, about the last job he interviewed for so I can imagine how tense things are for him right now. Like my husband, our son has a great attitude toward ongoing stressful situations, but they are both tend to develop physical reactions to them. Tummies, skin and digestive systems are all effected if the stress is bad enough. For me, stress settles into my back muscles. Everyone has their physical limits on how much stress they can tolerate unscathed and my husband and son have reached theirs.
The little stumble I took yesterday that shook me up rather badly has resulted only in a bit of back and hip muscle discomfort after a great sleep overnight. I was worried by late last evening because I was really sore just from that little jarring step I took in the afternoon. All is well today. I can drive just fine.
Well, time to go pack myself a couple of snacks and get on the road. Have a happy weekend everybody!
No comments:
Post a Comment