Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Big Thanks From The Son To All the Prayer Warriors

Our son has asked us to pass on his gratitude for all the prayers for him as he struggles through so many problems all at once.  The first three chapters of the Book of Job have been coming back to him, verse by verse.  Who knew that those three chapters, his memorization project in school when he was 7, would be such a comfort to him 30 years later, right?  Well, I guess Someone did! 

This morning he was able to figure out a way to fix his cell phone without having to return it to the provider and get another one, which would have involved a charge and taken up a lot of time.  Answer number 1!  He is able to communicate  once again.

When he woke up this morning his eye eczema was even worse again than it was yesterday and he kind of panicked, knowing he didn't have enough cash left to pay for a doctor's appointment at the walk-in clinic near his place.  What he didn't know was that while I was in the shower early this morning, I suddenly had an urgent feeling I should get over to our bank immediately and take out the last bit of money in the account (pay day is in 2 days, so no worries here) and deposit it into our son's account here in Canada....like IMMEDIATELY!  I hopped out of the shower, covered in soap suds and didn't even take time to dry off properly.  Off I went to the banks, hair dripping suds and water down my jacket and "did the deed".  It wasn't much money, that is for sure, but I knew that I knew I needed to get it to our son.  As soon as I got home I emailed him to let him know. He emailed back immediately to say he was grabbing his jacket and heading to the clinic.  Oh, cash is a wonderful thing. When he got home he called on his now working phone to let me know that by paying cash he was able to jump the lineup in the waiting room and head right into the doctor's office.  The little bit I sent, added to what he still had, covered that plus the prescription and left him enough change to treat himself to a doughnut after he left the pharmacy!  He can use up this particular cream with the moisturizer I sent him.  Thank you Lord for that mental SHOVE out of the shower.  The timing was perfect for our son.  The doctor said if he had waited another day she would have had to send him to hospital and then his extra BC health coverage would have to decide if it was enough of an emergency to cover at least part of what would have been a much higher cost...more hassle and upset avoided!

The job interview yesterday went well for him, but of course he has no idea if he will get the job or not. He has heard nothing back from any of the other places he sent his CV to last week.  However, start of prayer answer number 3: a former boss there has a few days of work for him next week!  It will be a big help in the short term.

The owner of the building where our son and his fellow tenants were scammed out of all that money has met with them and decided that she doesn't really want to lose them after all as they are such nice people.  The working out of this mess is going to take some time and may never resolve to suit anyone involved, BUT for now none of them appear to be under any threat of immediate eviction despite them inadvertently being considered squatters under the law.  Oh, it is going to be a long road with little chance of recovering their money, but the owner and her unexpected squatter tenants all want to avoid any kind of litigation if at all possible.  The tenants may be able to pull off a rent strike for a couple of months as a way of "regaining" the lost cash.  They meet with the lawyer in person next week.

Our son says another positive outworking of the rental mess is that he has had a lot of chances to witness to the mercy of God in his life.  He can hardly believe how calmly he has been able to express himself to the other tenants and the landlord, even at his own most stressed times during this mess. He said peaceful, soothing words have been coming out of his mouth in spite of himself!  haha  He has ended up being the mediator in this situation!  He says he if was forced to return to Canada tomorrow, he would feel that at least THAT much had been accomplished. Amen son!

Anyway, there have been many large and small answers to your prayers just over the past couple of days and he wanted to let you all know how grateful he is.  Bless you all and thank you Lord!


 

No comments: