......to have to ever, ever, ever eat a sugar free Orange Marmalade ever, ever again.
Today I had a marvellous day window shopping and eating meals with friends....I had a homemade turkey stew that was to die for. I found a bag of fresh Philippine dinner rolls at the local Sari-Sari store that made a delicious bedtime snack a few minutes ago.
However, I also purchased an expensive jar of sugar free orange marmalade. I have been looking everywhere for a sugar free jelly or jam....or, I suppose I was actually thinking of a "no sugar added" condiment that still contains at least some actual fruit. Nutter's is the first place I found such a product, so I took the risk and bought a jar this afternoon. I am sure there are many people with health issues that would require a non-food "substitute " if they want to eat some kind of jelly-like spread on a slice of toast or a bun. I am happy this particular company has a product filling that niche. Unfortunately it is not for me.
There is no actual food in this product as far as I can tell, hence its no sugar, no fat, no calories labelling. It looks and tastes like jelled orange Koolaid. Now, as you know I do like a bit of Koolaid occasionally, but not as a jelly flavour! Marmalade is a sad mislabelling. I ate about two tablespoons this evening, on part of one of the dinner rolls, then had to admit I made a terrible mistake in purchasing it. I ate the rest of the roll with a slice of low fat Swiss cheese to get the taste of the jelly out of my mouth....blaaaaaaahhhhh....
I can continue to live without jelly or jam on my bread. I am not desperate enough to ingest this "stuff". The remainder is all ready in the garbage. I am sad my experiment failed. Live and learn, right? Sometimes you score on new food products and sometimes you don't.
Everything else that happened today was fantastic! A couple of tablespoons of yucky jelly substitute hasn't ruined that!
1 comment:
Yuk! Smuckers makes sugar free jams, but maybe not marmalade.
The rest of your time sounds wonderful!
Post a Comment