Earlier this afternoon I started to update my last post. Somehow, despite it being a 2 step process, I managed to delete it instead of editing it. I am guessing it was not really an accident because the post was one long grouse-out; a complaining whine-fest; an old fashioned "man against the machine" bitching extravaganza; an OCD frustration-gala!
My husband's pay cheque didn't arrive at the bank today because the giant payroll company we use made an executive decision that some of their pay out days were going to be changed and didn't bother to ask or even inform the CFO's of the companies involved. Our CFO went ballistic earlier this morning after I informed him that they had reneged on their promise to put the money in this morning after all and by noon he had extracted another promise from them to have everyone's payroll transfers into their personal bank accounts before the close of banking day today so that automatic payments could still come out and our staffers not be charged for NSF's and overdrafts against their accounts. Welllll.....I checked our account at 2:30pm and again at 3:45 pm, at which time they had only another 15 minutes to get the money in before all would fall apart for many of us. Fortunately, I banked on them reneging again and at 3:45pm I made my own arrangements with our own bank to cover us free of charge. Fortunately for me, as a retired person, I have the time to go and stand around in bank lobbies waiting to see if money is going to appear in our account on time. People who are still working, such as the people being paid by our diocese, do not have that luxury and some of them won't even discover they didn't get paid today until it is too late. Our CFO sent out an email to warn everyone but it didn't get sent out until after the first promise by the payroll company was reneged on, so there will be some who didn't find out in time. I feel terrible for them.
Anyway, the good part of the day was that I got the bathroom cleaned in record time because I was not in a good mood after my first bank visit! hahaha This afternoon, inbetween check number 2 and check number 3 to see if the money had arrived, I got better than a whole hour of walking done as I window shopped in two different shopping areas. I had $3.45 left in my purse and was delighted to find decorative plate holders in the Dollarama for $1.25 each. Two of my holders, rather ancient ones, split and broke yesterday when I was dusting and needed to be replaced. I was able to do that for a total of $3.30, so I still have fifteen cents until pay day. hahahahaha So we are not completely broke, right? hahaha The cheapie plate holders are actually stronger than the old ones that broke and cost MUCH less than the originals. So, if those old ones lasted for as many years as they did, these cheapies should last at least half that long! hahaha
Although it is only +3C outside, the sun is shining gloriously! O it is lovely out there. I had my walk, got my housework done, did my due diligence to get the banking taken care of after the disaster of no pay cheque, got home before the rush hour got seriously underway. In between trips out I had a grand chat on the phone with two friends, one on Vancouver Island and one in Ontario. That was fun! It has been a good day after all! Thank you Lord!
No comments:
Post a Comment