I am SO happy that yesterday I struck gold when I took an after lunch walk around the nearest mall. I wandered into Marks after doing my laps around the mall and there was the most wonderful sale on mens' sweaters! It was a BOGO 50% off deal and my quarterly sales tax rebate had just been deposited into my account, so I decided to spend it on him. Usually I share it with our son, but this time I wanted to get my husband a treat to thank him for all the hard work he does but gets paid so little for.
It took awhile of searching through the gorgeous winter sweaters to find the 100% cotton ones in his size, but eventually settled on a medium blue and a grey/black, both pull ons with a zippered neckline. Over the years I have finally figured out his major likes and dislikes when it comes to his wardrobe and feel much more confident than I used to about purchasing such an item for him.
Wow, he was SO excited when he found them folded up on top of the bed when he went to change his clothes after work. He immediately put on the blue sweater and wore it all evening. This morning he had it on over his clergy shirt and has carefully hung the grey/black one on a wide wooden hangar, ready to wear it tomorrow.
She shoots, she scores! It has taken a few decades to finally figure out when buying him a gift is a good idea and what that gift should be. I also found a beautiful sweater for my mother's birthday at the Alia store. It is a lovely pullover sweater top, black with broad stripes of red, taupe and grey. She will be able to wear it with nearly every pair of winter pants she owns. YAY!! That and some lovely table napkins I know she will love, along with a tube of her favourite lotion, should fit very well in my suitcase when we go to see her in a few weeks. Speaking of which, I should try to book the guest room where she and dad live and make sure the time we have available will not stifle too many of their other fun activities that week. hahahaha How wonderful to have that worry again for the first time in over 5 years!
Today is a lazy day for me. I have spent so much time planning my activities next week around my husband's busy schedule at work that I forgot completely to finish planning anything for today and tomorrow! hahaha I think I will luxuriate in the free time to read some online newspapers and finish an historical novel about Lucrezia Borgia and her family. This afternoon it is to be relatively warm once again so a long walk may be in order. There is so little wasp activity now that I finally feel safe wandering through the park. The geese are nearly gone so the grounds are cleaner and easier to enjoy. It is overcast but not very chilly even this morning. By afternoon it will be perfect for wandering around outside. Each walk I am able to cram into the days before the snow comes makes me feel like I am really getting away with something! hahaha
No comments:
Post a Comment