It went unbelievably well today. My voice held up just fine until the last ten minutes of the 2 hour session. What a relief!
After I got home I located some good vocal exercises online to help me strengthen my voice. Hopefully they will. They are supposedly for people with soft, weak voices and that is certainly me at this stage of life.
My doctor warned me last time I saw her to preserve my voice by not over practising at home between rehearsals and I think she is right. The only rehearsing I did after the last rehearsal was yesterday afternoon and then a wee bit this morning. It seemed to leave me strong enough to cope this morning as I joined in with the rest of the group.
I think after our Christmas concert I am going to book a session with our director and do some voice testing to see if she thinks I will be able to return in January for the next term.
If the rest of our pre-Christmas practises go as well for me as this one did I will be fine. Moderation in how often I practise, I think, is part of the key.
No comments:
Post a Comment